Friday, October 5, 2012

holidays

At certain moments I find myself thinking about unpacking those fall decorations and putting them out in the house. As I walk through the isles in the stores my focus turns to the creative halloween witches and at times I think it would be fun to bring home some pumkins for Joe and I to carve out.

But it's just not in me this year.

How we got through them last year I don't know. Maybe it's because Elliott was still with us, maybe it's because our family and friends walked on pins and needles around us carefully choosing their words and while never really knowing what to say to us...said it all in a hug, or a prayer or a card or a call.

If I didn't have a job, if I didn't have a wonderful husband, if I didn't have an amazing family and friends and if I didn't have my faith, I would crawl back into bed and sleep from now until January 1st...


4 comments:

  1. Here for you always Kim. You ever want me to come over and bring some decorations so you don't have to do it you let me know. Love and Hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you- Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for hope and healing everyday for you and Joe. We will all try to help you through the holidays by cherising memories of Elliott. I wish I had the words to end your pain and bring your peace. Always here for you sister. Love you so very very much
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't imagine the emotions you and Joe will be feeling and dealing with over the next several weeks with the holidays quickly approaching, but know you, Joe and Sweet Elliott remain in our thoughts and prayers. We absolutely adore the picture we have of you three and we look at it on a daily basis. It's with the rest of our family pictures in our living room. Elliott is always a part of us! May God guide you and continue to be a solid rock during the upcoming weeks and months! We love you both dearly! Love and Hugs, Team M,C,I

    ReplyDelete