Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm a mommy because of You

Dear sweet Elliott,

There are so many things I would love to share with you, teach you and give to you; but my sweet baby girl you are the one who has given the gifts to me. I am now a mommy because of you and I am so proud to be your mommy. My memories of you are so clear, I remember your kicks in my belly and the day it felt as though you did a complete summersalt. I remember all of the amazing things you did for us during the many ultrasounds we watched you through, like looking our way, opening your mouth, sticking your tongue out and opening your beautiful hands for us to see all of your tiny little fingers. I will never forget how beautiful you were the very instant I saw you in Joe's hands. And those moments we shared with you in our arms will forever be the most important moments of my life.

Elliott, you have given me the gift of unconditional love. I loved you while you were in my belly, but the love I have for you now is an unconditional love only a mother can have for her baby. You have given me the gift of strength. I was scared so many of the days while I carried you and in the very beginning I really didn't think I could do it, but I did and I am so much stronger because of you. My days now are so different than before, many of them so much harder than I realized they would be, but each day that I get through is one more day that I am stronger because of you, and one more day closer to seeing you again.

Elliott, you have given me the gift of grace and if I ever needed grace it's now.

Elliott, one day about a year ago I was giving my testimony during a small group session at church and I shared how I couldn't wait to teach my children about their King, Jesus Christ and guide them on their own walk with him. But you, my sweet baby girl are the one guiding me. I've drawn closer to Christ than I ever have been before and while my walk has been difficult, and I've questioned his ways especially after loosing you. I trust in him now more than ever to bring peace and healing to both Joe and I.

Elliott, I would give anything to have you here with us. I miss you so very much and I love you with all of my heart.

Love, mommy




To my mom, I love you!
I couldn't have made it through this with out you. You called me just about every day while I was pregnant, asked how I was, offered your support in so many ways and said what I needed to hear most, that you loved all three of us; Joe, me and Elliott. One of the biggest lessons I've learned from you is how to be selfless and give my all to Elliott and our future children. You've been a wonderful mom to me and Elliott is so proud of her grandma. Happy Mother's Day Mom, love you.



To Joe's mom, thank you for giving me an amazing man to love and to share my life with. I am so grateful for Joe, for you, and for the family I married in to. I know Elliott has brought us all closer together and she is so incredibly loved by you. Happy Mother's Day Chris, love Kim.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day, Kimmy.
    Love you
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Kim! May today be filled with love, smiles, and wonderfulsaid memories of your precious little girl .

    Love
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful letter to your baby girl. Happy Mother's Day Kim, this day was made for a mommy like you. So very proud to be your sister. Love you, Ab

    ReplyDelete