Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meet Lucas

Memorial Day weekend brought lots of time on the road traveling to Illinois and Missouri to visit family. And after 6 long weeks of waiting, we finally met out new little nephew Lucas Eric McAdams.



I think Luke knew how excited we were to meet him, he showed us many wonderfully gummy smiles just like this one. And talk about a good baby, so calm, so happy, so easy to comfort and boy does he sleep alot. 

My sister Abbie is an amazing mommy :) and gave Joe and I alot of "extra" time with this little peanut. It felt amazing to hold Luke, I can't even find the words to describe how much I loved holding him in my arms. 


Joe spent alot of time with Luke too. Luke looks so comfy in this picture, don't you just love all of his hair! 



Luke, you brought so much joy to us this past weekend and I am looking forward to seeing you again soon and holding you in my arms, looking into those beautiful big brown eyes and having my heart melt at your big yummy smiles. You are the sweetest reminder of my sweet Elliott, every time I look at you I think of her and as my brother told me, every day that I think of Elliott is a good day, which is every day. 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. He's absolutely adorable and WOW THAT HAIR! Sydney is almost 10 months and doesn't have anywhere near that ...my little baldie! :-)

    See you Saturday!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable!!!!! Great pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm not a mommy yet, and I don't know if or when it will happen, but I know that feeling of not wanting to let go. I got to meet my little surrogate niece a few weeks ago, she was three weeks old and SO beautiful and precious. So tiny, and so calm. I loved having her in my arms, and held her nearly all day except when she needed fed by mommy, or changed. Your time will come again, and you will STILL be a magnificent mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete