Friday, January 27, 2012

30 weeks pregnant on my 28th birthday

I could choose to be sad today, I could choose to be sad just about every day and most days that's truly the "easier" thing to do...

But I'm choosing to be happy today and celebrate my birthday with Elliott and my wonderful husband Joe. My day started off with a surprise phone call from my brother who is in Afghanistan. I was actually sleeping in and missed his call but he just called a second time and it was very nice to hear his voice. This was followed by lots of love and bday wishes from family and friends, an amazing prenatal massage (every pregnant girl deserves one) and dinner tonight with Elliott's handsome daddy.

I'm enjoying sweet Elliott's kicks and even the goofy nicknames Joe's calling us...Elliott is now easy-e and Joe asks several times a day "how's that baby doing?" which I love. I'm officially named lumpy as my huge belly has taken on a life of its own and the oddest shape, but I know exactly where Elliott is on my right side and I place my hand on her head all day long. This is the stuff that gets me through the day and today's going to be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim.
    You don't know me. My husband and urs were friends eons ago in HS and talk from time to time now. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you guys. I also think you are a remarkable woman and a wonderful mother. Elliott is very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete