Friday, March 9, 2012

Cuddled in Heaven

We had so little time to share, Too soon, I had to leave. I know how much you love me. I know how much you grieve. I know how sharp your pain is, I feel the aching in your hearts. My life so quickly ended before it barely had a start. I remember how you held me, and kissed my face and hands. You cuddled me so gently, but God had other plans. I was your perfect angel from God you knew I came. Suddenly he called me home again, and now God holds my hand. I know you'll always miss me, I understand your pain is hard to bear. Just remember that I'm in heaven and we'll see each other there. So smile when you think of me and wipe away all your tears. I'm cuddled now in heaven by our family members here. I'm waiting here in heaven, and on the day we meet again, I'll be the first to smile and greet you, when God calls you home to him.


Some days I just don't have the words to express how incredibly sad I am, how empty my arms feels, how every second of the day I think about Elliott, how much I miss my sweet baby girl, how every waking moment I'm reminded that she is not here with us, how I have to dig so deep inside myself to find the strength to do something, anything normal to just get through the day...

So today, Friday..I will cry alot for my sweet Elliott, but I will also cling to the words in this poem, knowing she's in Heaven, knowing she's not alone, knowing she's looking down on Joe and I and knowing I will see her again one day.

But I have to say, on days like today I would give anything to hold her in my arms again.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Elliott would be so proud of the strength you show each day. Hugs to you today on this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your daughter today! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine her on Grandpa Jim's lap playing and talking to him. He always loved the grandkids. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elliott is with you each day and I can only imagine how proud she is of her mommy and daddy. You gave her so much love and purpose to her life. Even though she isn't in your arms, she has the most special place in Heaven and in your hearts. Thinking of you all. Love Jordan and Abbie

    ReplyDelete