Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Gift from Elliott

Last night I was preparing dinner for Joe and I, chicken, potatoes, peppers and a delicious garlic yogurt dip to go with. I initially wanted to have Joe grill everything but in the late afternoon it had begun raining and we even had a few severe storm warnings. So I figured I would just throw it all in the oven and we'd have a nice dinner in no time. Well, as I was prepping everything Joe came in to the kitchen to ask what we were having. I told him my original idea for him to grill but that the weather had really ruined that idea. He perked up and said he'd grill anyway, besides what's a little rain.

But at that point the rain had really started coming down hard. I felt bad about the idea of him standing out in the rain but he persisted. So I continued to prep the food and he turned the gas to the grill on and even put on a hooded jacket to keep himself somewhat dry.

Well, within seconds of me handing him the plate of chicken to grill the rain stopped and the sun came out. We both laughed and were pleasantly surprised with the sunshine. Joe took off his jacket and I continued to hand him more items to place on the grill. I really couldn't believe the timing, it couldn't have worked out better. And then I thought, what a nice gift from Elliott. She must have thought I was crazy sending Joe out in the pouring rain so she stopped the rain and cleared the clouds and brought out the sunshine. Dinner was ready withing 30 minutes and right as Joe handed me the plate of grilled food the wind picked up and the rain began to fall again.


4 comments:

  1. Your little angel is always looking out for her mommy and daddy. Every time the sun shines, a rainbow appears, or the stars seem extra bright, that's Elliott telling you she's always near.

    Love you all, Ab and Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing story! Your little girl sure does have mommy and daddy's backs!

    Love you,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Elliott's way of letting you know she is always looking out for you! Such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim, loved that story! Love you, TEAM M,C, & I

    ReplyDelete