Monday, July 23, 2012

I miss her

Saturday we went to the Ann Arbor Art Fair and on our bus ride into town was a little boy named Elliott...

I heard his dad call out his name as I sat down in my seat, my eyes immediately turned to Joe and we gave each other that familiar look... the look of yes I heard what you heard, the look of are you ok, yes I'm going to be ok, the look of I miss her too.

It was so nice to hear her, and his, name said out loud. I wanted to turn and see what this Elliott looked like but I didn't, I just thought of our Elliott. And I thought of her as we walked through the fair and as I looked at all of the other little girls. And I thought of her as I stared into a black and white photo of a girl dancing in the rain, just a silhoutte, unable to see the color of her eyes, or the color of her hair. Never hearing the sound of her voice or the way she laughs...

I miss her so much.

Sometimes, I just want to hold her again.

Sometimes, I just wish she was here.

3 comments:

  1. When I think of Elliott, I imagine she had beautiful eyes like her mommy. I think she would laugh so hard she would get the hick-ups...just like you do. And I know she is smiling down on you and Joe, so proud to be your little girl. We miss her too, everyday. I cant wait to see those beautiful eyes one day.

    Love you so much Kim
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss her too-Keep Strong and keep going- your strength is inspiring! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you miss her so much! Hugs to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete