Sunday, February 26, 2012

Words that touch the heart

Family, friends and complete strangers have shown support to Joe and I in many different ways and everything everyone has done has touched our hearts. I'd like to share what I can and hope that it helps heal the hearts of our extended family and friends that have been touched by Elliott Faith Jensen too, and for those who have experienced loss of their own.

We opened an envelope with this inside last night and while it brought me to tears the first time I read it and I'm sure it will do the same for all of you, I've re-read it a dozen times by now and it makes me smile so much.

"Daddy please don't look so sad, mommy please don't cry.
Cause I'm in the arms of Jesus, and he sings me lullabies.
Please try not to question God, don't think he is unkind.
Don't think he sent me to you and then changed his mind.
You see I'm a special child, I am needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him, a product of your love.
I'll always be there with you, so watch the sky at night.
Look for the brightest star and know that's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane.
That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a gentle breeze from a gentle wind that blows.
Know that it's me planting a kiss upon your nose.
When you see a child playing and your heart fees a tug,
Don't be sad mommy, that's just me giving your heart a hug.
So daddy don't look so sad and mommy please don't cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies!"

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is, amazing! This brought tears to my eyes. Little Elliott is all around you, she is everywhere you look. That's what this made me think of. I'm glad this brings you some happy thoughts and smiles...

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    This is Lindsey's friend, Stephanie, remember me from the bach party/their wedding? I've been wanting to comment, and then Lindsey told me about the blog where you question whether or not to continue writing, wondering if anyone is even reading these....I'm sure you'd be surprised to know just how many people are in fact keeping up with you, even if they don't share that with you.
    I have prayed for you and your family a few times since I heard about the conditions your sweet Elliot was faced with...and since then, prayed for your solace. I am so very sorry for everything you've had to go through....
    I wanted to share with you the name of a girl my very good friend is friends with. Another girl who lost a child (was her 2nd born) and is now pregnant with her 3rd baby. She is a very eloquent writer and like you, she has struggled in her walk with God, and asks PLENTY of "WWHHHYYY'S"? Her name is Tammylynn Johnson-Jonas, and if you Google "mommyjonas" her blog is the very first thing that pops up.
    I know you have others you are following. I just felt compelled to reach out to you in some way, as I have sat here through tears,and read about your journey. Please keep writing. Somehow, someway, someday, you WILL have peace with this, and your story can ONLY give hope to anyone else going down the same road as you....
    thinking of you.....(and reading!)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of the most touching beautiful poems I have ever read. Please keep blogging....it helps me feel close to Elliott and know her.
    Love Jenni T

    ReplyDelete