Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First Trimester, feeling pretty good

(August, 2011)

At  8 weeks along you definitely don't look pregnant but you feel pregnant. Luckily for me, I didn't have morning sickness too bad but I did experience several moments throughout the day of just feeling icky. I found that eating small healthy meals throughout the day seemed to help but who really wants to eat healthy the time all of when they're pregnant. My favorite thing to eat for several weeks was mac n cheese with hot sauce. This was the oddest combination to me because well for one thing, I never even like mac n cheese prior to being pregnant. And holy cow was I putting away the beef, pork, chicken, steak, sausage ....anything that went moo or oink I craved. Gross huh! But that's what my body wanted, this little peanut was making me hungry and as his/her mommy I was going to do whatever my peanut needed. Prenatal vitamins - check, 300 (+) calories a day - check, prenatal swim class - check, falling asleep on the couch by 8pm - check. All seemed to be going as planned.


Here's the first ultra sound picture of our baby. I was so thrilled I mailed copies to our parents with a little card from "our peanut". This will be the first grand baby for Joe's parents and the 3rd or 4th on my side. My brother and his wife have an adorable, feisty, dancing 3 year old and my older sister is due have to the first boy grand baby in November and my younger sister and I are both pregnant, only about 1 week apart; my due date is April 6 and her's, I believe is April 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment