Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A little bit about us


My husband Joe and I met in September of 2008 when we were introduced through our mutual friends Meg & Matt. At the time, I was living in Iowa and Joe was in Illinois. We slowly started a long distance relationship comprised of many phone conversations and weekend trips to visit one another. After several months of dating, Joe received a great job opportunity where I was living and ended up moving to Iowa and living with me. We were crammed into my tiny one bedroom apartment but loved every minute of it. We actually got to see each other every day, instead of every weekend. Life was so easy then; we had our jobs, a nice place to live, many evenings together relaxing and watching movies or going for walks around our neighborhood. Life was good.


What I didn't know what that Joe was up to some work. He'd been secretly shopping for engagement rings with the help of my younger sister. He even purchased a ring, left for two weeks of Annual Training for the National Guard and hid the ring in my apartment. Now during this time, Joe was also doing some house hunting. This, I was completely aware of but wasn't totally hands on with. However, he found a beautiful home in the next town over from where were living, purchased it within a few weeks and we were on our way to moving into our first home together. 

One evening, a Thursday to be exact, we were heading over to the new house to paint the living room. Joe had again been up to some work behind the scenes and as we walked up the stairs he surprised me with an amazing proposal already painted on the wall. It was beautiful. 




Things didn't slow down from there, another new job opportunity opened up for Joe which required months away from each other for training, putting our new house back on the market (later to become our first rental property), a move to Michigan and career changes for me. In a rush to do what was right in our hearts we flew off to Las Vegas with a small group of family and friends and were married at the beautiful Mandalay Bay Resort on April 30, 2010. 



Vegas was awesome and thank you to our family who made it all possible and shared this special day with us. 

Joe and I wanted more than anything to celebrate our marriage with all of our family and friends. We've been blessed to have so many wonderful people surround us, support us and make every day so amazing. We hold our friends so dear to our heart and hope to make our families proud by our love for each other. We waited a little over a year, and on July 30, 2011 we had a tradition ceremony and reception surrounded by everyone we love. It was a hot summer day (thank goodness no one melted, passed out etc :-\) but it was a day to remember. It also allowed Joe and I to come back to the town we fell in love in and started our life together. At this point we had already moved to Michigan and were creating our home there. Joe had started a dream job and I was working a couple part time jobs trying to find my place in Michigan. We had even started discussing a family and were ready to try. We'll as the old saying goes.... it only takes one time and poof we were pregnant. We found out 3 days before our marriage celebration on July 30th. I was only 4 weeks along, my OB said I was the earliest pregnant lady she had ever seen. We were elated!


We were celebrating our love for each other with our family and friends, it was one of the best days of our life and to top it off, we had already created our own little family together. Just 4 weeks along. We weren't ready to spill the beans just yet, we figured it would be safe after the 12 week mark but seriously who can really hold it in that long. Before the night was over, our parents, our siblings and a few close friends new about our little peanut. Even one of Joe's cousins called me out as he noticed I hadn't had a drink in my hand all evening. Thank you Adam ;-)

Within weeks we were telling everyone we were so excited!! So many of our friends had already started families of their own, my two sisters were even pregnant; there were babies and pregnant ladies everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment